Arsenal keen on starlet Bazoer but could end up with Bendtner
Manchester City and Newcastle also admire young Dutch defender. Bendtner in Juve 'quit threat'
IT'S NOT a name that trips easily off the tongue, but it is likely we will be hearing a lot more about young Riechedly Bazoer in the months and years to come. The 16-year-old central defender has just been offered his first professional contract with PSV Eindhoven, after coming through the Dutch club's youth system, but has attracted the attention of some of Europe's big guns.
Newcastle are the latest to express an interest in the teenager and they join Arsenal and Manchester City in monitoring his progress.
But PSV sporting director Marcel Brands told Goal.com that he is advising the defender to stick with his current club so he has the chance to break into the first team.
"What is his intention? Is it to develop or go for bigger money in England? You have to ask him and his agent which clubs are interested in him," he said. "It is his choice and the agent will do their best for the player. The only thing we can do is offer him good possibilities in terms of coaching and prospects."
Things could be about to go from bad to worse for Arsenal, who face the nightmarish prospect of welcoming Nicklas Bendtner back to the Emirates after his loan deal with Juventus started to unravel, according to Talksport.
The big-headed Dane, who just last week was telling all and sundry that he wanted to join the Old Lady of Turin on a permanent basis, is now threatening to leave unless he gets more game time. So far the striker, who was criticised for being overweight when he arrived in Italy, has played just 24 minutes for the club and missed a glaring chance when he came on as sub in the embarrassing 1-1 Champions League draw against Nordsjaelland on Tuesday.
"He is too strong to sit on the bench and this is not good for him or Juventus," his agent told Tuttomercatoweb in Italy.
If, as some have predicted, Rio Ferdinand has burned his bridges with Alex Ferguson after his refusal to wear a Kick It Out anti-racism T-shirt, then he could be heading back to the club where he made his name, West Ham.
The east London Guardian series of local papers suggests that if he fails to agree a contract extension at United he could head back to Upton Park for a last hurrah.
Arsenal are "deep in talks" with Anderlecht to sign Argentine midfielder Lucas Biglia, according to Caughtoffside. The 25-year-old playmaker was first linked with Arsenal in June but the move, like the Gunners' defence, broke down just as things were looking promising.
Now it seems Arsene Wenger is so desperate to get the Gunners firing again that the Frenchman will make another bid in the New Year.
The Belgian club are reportedly holding out for £6m for Biglia, with Anderlecht general manager Herman Van Holsbeeck saying recently that they'll sell if a club comes in with the readies.
Shakhtar Donetsk playmaker Willian is toying with Tottenham just 24 hours after it was reported the Brazilian was the Lilywhites' "priority" target in January.
The 24-year-old, who helped the Ukraine side defeat Chelsea in last night's Champions League clash, is now letting it be known he might be partial to a move to the Bridge should the Blues come a-calling.
According to the Evening Standard, Willian revealed there's been interest from both Tottenham and Chelsea. Asked which he fancied he replied: "Choosing between the two clubs would be difficult... I would love to play for either of those clubs. But my mind remains at Shakhtar."
But not for long. Pressed on where he sees his future, Willian admitted: "Everybody knows what my goal is. I've clearly stated that I would like to play in a bigger stage, whether it be England, Spain or Italy." In other words anywhere but the Ukraine.
Still with Chelsea and the Blues are looking to bounce back from last night's defeat by signing a brace of Brazilian internationals. According to Caughtoffside, boss Roberto Di Matteo has discussed future signings with owner Roman Abramovich and the pair are said to be "in agreement in their pursuit " of AC Milan striker Alexandre Pato.
The 23-year-old could be available for as little as £24m in the New Year as Milan owner Silvio Berlusconi looks to streamline his costs in light of Italy's financial plight. With that signing complete, Chelsea will apparently go after Barcelona right-back Dani Alves in the summer.
Caughtoffside claim that the 29-year-old believes new Barca coach Tito Vilanova is keen to bring through more academy players in the coming season and a move to the Bridge could be a wise career option for Alves.
Finally Talksport reports that Manchester United have "been given the green light" to chase PSV playmaker Kevin Strootman. The Dutch midfielder has caught the eye of United boss Alex Ferguson in recent months and it was even rumoured that the gruff gaffer made a £15m move for Strootman in the summer.
That was unsuccessful but according to Talksport Fergie will be making another play for the 22-year-old next year. But then so might AC Milan, who are also believed to be monitoring Strootman.