Arsenal get tough with RVP, Liverpool's Suarez in Barca link
Dutchman allegedly holding out for more than £130K, is Yann M'Vila on his way to Arsenal?
ROBIN VAN PERSIE'S future at the Emirates "hangs in the balance" after the Arsenal striker held talks with club officials on Wednesday, The Sun claims. They want the Dutchman to put his name to a new three-year deal worth £130,000 a week but The Sun claims van Persie is holding out for more in the knowledge that he could earn an alleged £250,000-a-week at Manchester City.
Arsenal officials are now fearful that the 28-year-old Van Persie could look to the Sky Blues if the club don't up their offer. He has a year left on his contract with the Gunners and The Sun says if he doesn't sign, Arsenal "are willing to play hard ball" (not something that could be said of their defence) and insist he sees out the remaining year of his current contract.
Meanwhile, having endured an anxious wait to see if they finished third in the Premier League, Arsenal fans are once again on tenterhooks – this time over Rennes midfielder Yann M'Vila.
"I'll make my decision after the game against Dijon [on Sunday]," said M'Vila, who then refused to answer questions as to whether he'd already agreed terms with Arsenal. What he would admit, however, is that the thought of moving abroad tickles his fancy. "It is true that I would like to improve my game and for that, I have to look elsewhere," he said, adding: "Why not in a foreign country?"
With Kenny Dalglish gone could Liverpool find themselves without their best striker, Luis Suarez? Caught Offside thinks so and suggests that Barcelona could come in and try to poach the controversial Uruguayan while no-one is on guard at Anfield.
Suarez made few friends outside Liverpool during his first full season in the Premier League. The race row with Patrice Evra was damaging for both him and Liverpool and now his biggest defender at the club, Dalglish, has gone.
New Barcelona boss Tito Vilanova is said to be keen to add firepower to his squad and lift the burden on Lionel Messi.
To other news and it's not been a good day for the Blues. On the same day Blue Peter learned it was being chucked off BBC1, Chelsea were told in no uncertain terms to forget about Falcao.
The Colombian hitman, who bagged a brace for Atletico Madrid in last week's Europa Cup triumph over Athletic Bilbao, has been linked with a move to the Bridge in the summer. But in an interview with Spanish broadcaster RCN Radio the 26-year-old sharpshooter dismissed the rumours as if they were nothing more than a Liverpool manager.
"I prefer to stay with Atletico," replied Falcao when asked if he was open to an offer from Chelsea. Then he added: "Next year with Atletico will be a new challenge. My thoughts are that I have four years left on my contract. I try and ignore rumours. The leaders at the club will take any decisions."
Talking of Athletic Bilbao, they look likely to lose star striker Fernando Llorente with Manchester City reportedly closing in on the 27-year-old Spanish international. Talksport report that the Sky Blues like the cut of Llorente's jib and are ready to stump out the £33m cash needed to buy him out of his Bilbao contract.
Quoting Spanish rag AS, Talksport claim that City officials "have already met" with Chus Llorente, who is not only Fernando's brother but also his agent. Apparently City are confident Llorente could form a potent striking partnership with Sergio Aguero which would leave Carlos Tevez as redundant as Kenny Dalglish. And Alex McLeish.
Finally, Manchester United are looking for a new number seven and someone to keep the subs bench warm afer Michael Owen was allowed to leave the club. The 32-year-old injury-prone striker now faces an uncertain future. But The Daily Telegraph reports that while Owen is on his way out Borussia Dortmund's Japanese midfielder Shinji Kagawa could be on his way in at Old Trafford.
The paper reports that the £15m-rated player claims to have met Ferguson to discuss a move. ·