Spurs 'to steal Eden Hazard from under Arsenal's nose'
It could come down to which club can guarantee him Champions League football next season
HE MIGHT not be able to read and write, but Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp certainly knows how to wheel and deal. According to The Sun, he's on the verge of "pinching Lille sensation Eden Hazard from under Arsenal's noses".
The 21-year-old Belgian is one of Europe's most highly rated players and is set to leave the French club at the end of the season. Arsenal had been expected to capture his signature, exploiting Hazard's friendship with former Lille team-mate Gervinho.
Now The Sun claims Hazard is on the brink of signing for Spurs, saying: "Maybe it will be Tottenham. They're a big English club. I said I would go to England and they have some very good players there."
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is expected to fight to land Hazard but it may come down to which of the London clubs can offer the attacking midfielder Champions League football next season. At the moment Arsenal's hopes of playing in Europe's premier competition next season are a bit like Rangers' future – precarious.
As far as Inter Milan boss Claudio Ranieri is concerned it's a preposterous idea, and he's not talking about David Cameron's wheeze to hold a racism-in-sport summit. Rather the former Chelsea coach is reacting to rumours that Wesley Sneijder could be set to leave the club at the end of the season.
Stories have emerged in recent days linking the Dutch playmaker to Russian side Anzhi Makhachkala and to Manchester United. The latter are known to still be interested in attracting Sneijder to Old Trafford, having first expressed an interest last summer, but Anzhi have the funds to make an irresistible offer.
However, in an interview with Inter's official website, Ranieri said of the Holland star: "He's a champion, he just has to find his rhythm again and we have to work out again how to keep him supplied with the ball... he has told me he is happy here at Inter, so I'm pretty calm."
Italian rag Tuttosport claims that Juventus are intent on getting back in the big time by making a play for three of Europe's top players, among them Manchester United winger Nani. The Portuguese star, along with Gonzalo Higuain of Real Madrid and Napoli's Ezequiel Lavezzi, are on a summer shopping list drawn up by the Turin outfit.
Juventus are currently second to AC Milan in Serie A and have ambitions to rival Barcelona in European football. To that end they will look to beat Chelsea to the signature of Argentine striker Higuain, while also making an approach to Napoli for the services of Lavezzi. Nani is said to be wanted by Juventus general director Giuseppe Marotta, who is apparently happy to meet the Reds' valuation of £21m for the 25-year-old.
In other news, Dutch paper Der Telegraaf claims that Manchester City striker John Guidetti has caught the eye of Bayern Munich. The 19-year-old Guidetti was loaned out to Dutch club Feyenoord at the start of the season and the teenager has netted 17 times in just 15 league matches.
Such a strike rate has come to the attention of Bayern and the Bundesliga side had scouts present on Sunday to see the Swedish sharpshooter score all Feyenoord's goals in their 3-1 win over Vitesse. City boss Roberto Mancini sees Guidetti as a great raw talent but believes he needs another season fine-tuning his game before he's ready to be unleashed in the Premier League.
Der Telegraaf reckons Bayern will offer Mancini a wad of cash for Guidetti in the summer. ·