One-time Arsenal target Eden Hazard looks set to join Spurs
Personal terms already agreed according to Lille sources as Redknapp exploits Arsenal's woes
NOT FOR the first time in recent weeks, Spurs boss Harry Redknapp has been asked to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. According to the Daily Mail, when it was put to him that he was paying a keen interest in Lille star Eden Hazard, Redknapp had no hesitation in replying: "Hazard is a player that we have spoken about. He is a player who is definitely on our list."
The 21-year-old Belgian playmaker, rated one of the best talents in Europe, has made no secret of the fact he'll be moving on at the end of the season and England has always been his favoured destination.
At one time he seemed destined for the Emirates. But with Arsenal's trophy cabinet now one of Britain's long-term unemployed, and chances of playing on the Champions League next season looking healthier at Spurs than with the Gunners, Hazard has apparently decided Tottenham offer him more chance of job satisfaction.
The Mail added that according to sources in France, Hazard "has already agreed personal terms" with Spurs and is relishing the chance to link up with Gareth Bale at White Hart Lane.
It's not all bad news for Arsenal fans, however, with the Express claiming that Arsene Wenger intends to make a bid for Sunderland's Stephane Sessegnon. The 27-year-old Benin midfielder has apparently caught the eye of the Arsenal manager in the last week when the two clubs played each other in league and Cup fixtures.
Sessegnon was particularly outstanding in Sunderland's 2-0 defeat of Arsenal on Saturday and the Express says that his arrival at the Emirates could "prompt the sale of under-achieving" Theo Walcott. In which case the 2011-12 season might not be a complete washout for the Gunners…
Back on the other side of north London and Tottenham have apparently made an offer for Brazilian striker Leandro Damiao. The Internacional star has been linked with a number of clubs in recent months, including Paris Saint Germain, Barcelona and Manchester United, but Sky Sports reports that the 22-year-old believes the Lilywhites have come calling.
"I am not aware of an offer from Paris [Saint Germain]," Damiao is quoted as saying. "All that I know is that Tottenham have made an offer."
Finally, Robbie Keane has dropped his clearest hint yet that he could be back at Aston Villa on a permanent basis before long. The 31-year-old Irish striker is nearing the end of a loan spell for the Midlands club and will return to LA Galaxy next week having scored three times in his two-month stay at Villa Park.
But the former Tottenham frontman told goal.com: "There's been talk about me staying on at Villa but, at the end of the day, Galaxy are my parent club and, first and foremost, I have to respect them."
Pressed on what his plans are once his contract expires with the MLS side later this year, Keane replied: "At this moment in time I can't tell what will happen. It's a case of watch this space." ·