Bayern's frustrated star Arjen Robben could return to Chelsea
Or will Man City pounce on brilliant Dutch winger? Either way, his days in Germany look numbered
DUTCH international Arjen Robben has opened the door to a summer move to England after admitting life at Bayern Munich is getting him down. Despite his brilliant display in Holland's 3-2 victory over England last month, the 28-year-old winger has been a peripheral figure at Bayern for much of this year and he used an interview with German daily Bild to vent his frustration.
"It cannot be said that I am 100 per cent certain I will stay with Bayern," he said. "A lot has happened in recent weeks and I didn't play for three games in a row. Everybody saw that. It was not the best of times."
Pressed on whether he would be turning his back on the Bundesliga at the end of the season, the Dutch international said: "It is not as if I have to sign a new deal next week... I still have a year on my contract with Bayern so there is no rush. You never know what happens in football - it is often very strange."
According to Talksport, if Robben does sever his ties with Bayern Munich, there's a chance he'll return to Chelsea where he played for three seasons until 2007. That's if Manchester City don't jump in first with a big money offer.
Still with flying Dutchmen, Feyenoord have said they would welcome back Dirk Kuyt with open arms but insist they haven't been trying to entice the striker away from Liverpool. The 31-year-old flaxen-haired forward moved to Anfield from Feyenoord in 2006, finally winning some silverware with the Reds in last month's Carling Cup victory over Cardiff.
However, rumours suggest Kuyt would like to get some game time in the twilight of his career and to that end stories have surfaced recently linking him with a return to Holland. Asked by Dutch broadcaster Nusport if this was likely, Feyenoord sporting director Martin van Geel replied: "I would love to welcome Dirk at Feyenoord as soon as possible. He fits in here more than anybody else."
Van Geel played down speculation that a move might happen in the summer but Kirk's agent, Rob Jansen, said his client was definitely keen to end his days in Holland. "Feyenoord know that Dirk will join them once he returns to Netherlands," explained Jansen. "We are just waiting to see what happens at Liverpool now and what's coming his way. We will make a decision on his future after that."
Still with Liverpool and the Reds are the latest Premier League outfit to have their name linked to Juventus skipper Alessandro del Piero. As Transfer Talk reported earlier in the month, Arsenal have reportedly been sniffing around the 37-year-old striker, and QPR were also said to have made enquiries as Del Piero prepares to leave Turin at the end of the season.
Now, according to Tuttosport, Liverpool are "making their interest known", with Kenny Dalglish said to reckon Del Piero still has some miles left on the clock. The man himself is keeping stum and will make a decision as to his destination in the next few weeks.
Finally, the Daily Mail reports that Chelsea have added Newcastle striker Demba Ba to their wish list as they look to rebuild in the summer. The Blues, whose defeat on Wednesday night to Manchester City leaves them battling it out with Spurs for Champions League football next season, believe the 26-year-old Ba possesses the right stuff for the Bridge.
The Mail says Newcastle expect a hefty offer from Chelsea but remain confident they can hang on to the Senegalese sharpshooter. ·