Arsenal plan Dusan Basta raid, is Yann M'Vila move back on?
Meanwhile, Alex Ferguson has supposedly taken Paul Ince out for lunch to discuss signing his son to Man U
HERE’S hoping Arsenal have more tabs at the Emirates than they do trophies because the Gunners seem to be “keeping tabs” on just about everyone at the moment.
The latest player believed to be arousing interest within the hallowed walls of the Arsenal stadium is Udinese right-back Dusan Basta. With the Gunners defence springing more leaks than the latest Bond film, Talksport claims that Arsene Wenger wants to snap up the 29-year-old Serbian international as soon as January’s transfer window opens.
Basta’s current deal with Udinese expires at the end of the season but according to Talksport negotiations to extend the Serb’s stay in Italy have reached “deadlock”. That’s given hope to the Gunners, as has the news that Basta is “keen on a switch to England”. Wenger has already sent scouts to watch the strapping six footer in action in Serie A and Talksport believe the Gunners will pounce in January.
Remember Yann M'Vila? Last summer it was reported that the Rennes midfielder had agreed to move to Arsenal, only for it to emerge that the story had been made up by his agent in an attempt to elicit a better offer from Inter Milan.
Sadly for him the tactic failed to work and the midfielder remains at the French club. However, according to Tuttomercatoweb in Italy he is back in the "cross-hairs" of the big clubs, including Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester United. Whether or not you believe what you are being told is up to you.
According to The Daily Telegraph another of the summer's big deals, which, amazingly, never came to pass, could be back on thanks to the Champions League draw. Borussia Dortmund play Manchester City at the Etihad tonight and Alex Ferguson will be in attendance with his assitant Mike Phelan, to run the rule over striker Robert Lewandowski.
The Polish forward was linked to United before they swooped for Robin van Persie, but with the futures of Nani and Javier Hernandez in doubt, Fergie is once again interested in the forward, who would cost £16m.
To other news and Portuguese rag Record claims that it’s all going to end in tears for Tottenham over Joao Moutinho. New Spurs gaffer Andre Villas-Boas coached the 26-year-old when he was in charge of Porto, and had been reportedly sounding out Moutinho about the possibility of a move to the Lane.
At one stage in August it seemed the attacking midfielder was set for a switch but the move fell through at the last moment. Now Barcelona and Russian outfit Zenit St Petersburg have muscled in on the action and in conversation with Record, Moutinho’s agent made no secret of where his client would like to end up. "I will not hide that there is interest from Zenit and we will review their proposal in January,” said Pini Zahavi, quickly adding: "Any footballer would like to play for Barcelona and that option is a priority for us. In my opinion, his style of play fits perfectly with Barcelona. Additionally, he is a fan of the club."
Elsewhere and goal.com claim that Alex Ferguson took one of his former charges to lunch on Monday – and it wasn’t out of the goodness of his heart. Rather the gruff Scot – who fortunately left his hairdryer at home – wanted to talk to Paul Ince about his son.
Young Tom Ince is currently doing great things in the midfield at Blackpool, and according to goal.com, Ferguson wants the 20-year-old to come to Old Trafford. As they browsed the menu, Ferguson allegedly told Ince senior he’d like to sign his son in January in a £5m deal.
Blackpool rejected a £4m summer bid for Ince from Swansea City but it’s believed they might be willing to let the England Under-21 star go for an extra million.
Finally, the Daily Mail says that Paris Saint German boss Carlo Ancelotti has given the clearest indication yet that he might be poised to make a move for Ashley Cole. The Chelsea left-back’s future is a subject of much speculation in west London with contract extension negotiations rumoured to be stalling. The Mail quotes Ancelotti describing Cole as “the best left back in the world at the moment”. Asked if he wanted him at PSG he replied: “For this season, we have a very good squad but next year, I don’t know.” ·