You can't have Wilfried Zaha, Ian Holloway tells Arsenal

Crystal Palace have 'strong contract' with Zaha and Arsene Wenger 'can go and whistle' says Holloway

BY Bill Mann LAST UPDATED AT 07:16 ON Fri 30 Nov 2012

ARSENAL have been told to forget about signing Wilfried Zaha. According to the Metro, Crystal Palace have as much intention of selling the 20-year-old frontman as the Gunners have of going a game without gifting a goal to the opposition.

The Ivory Coast-born Zaha, who made his debut for England earlier this month, is one of the hottest properties in England, and Arsenal are not the only ones chasing his signature. The Metro claims Manchester City, Manchester United, Chelsea and Tottenham have also checked out the youngster but it's Arsenal who head the chasing pack.

Manager Arsene Wenger admitted earlier in the week that he liked the cut of Zaha's jib, comments that haven't gone down well at Palace. "Why is he [Wenger] talking about my players? I don't think that's right and proper, with the greatest respect," snapped fiery manager Ian Holloway.

Although Arsenal are expected to make a £15m bid for Zaha in the New Year, the Metro says that Holloway won't budge an inch in his determination to hang on to his prize asset. "Wilf is a big part of our season," he said, "and we have such a strong contract others can go and whistle."

Talksport claims that Chelsea target Senad Lulic is happy where he is at Lazio, despite rumours suggesting he could be on his way to the Bridge in January. The 26-year-old midfielder arrived in Italy last year from Swiss side Young Boys and made an instant impression in Serie A.

Juventus were said to be sniffing around in the summer, and recently Chelsea have cast their eye over the Bosnian playmaker. But the player's representative, Kevin Fioranelli, insists his client isn't listening to such idle gossip. "I believe that there is nothing concrete behind these rumours," explained Fioranelli. "Lulic is very settled in Rome and has a great relationship with the coach."

Liverpool hope that their 17-year-old sensation Raheem Sterling will soon pledge his future to Anfield, despite stories suggesting Manchester City could make a move in the New Year.

The 17-year-old has been a revelation this season, says goal.com, breaking into the Liverpool first team and also earning his first England cap. That's brought him to the attention of City, but Anfield boss Brendan Rodgers believes Sterling is poised to sign a new deal with Liverpool.

"The club and his representatives are in good dialogue and good communication, and hopefully we'll get that resolved very soon," said Rodgers, who added that he wants to ensure the midfielder doesn't burn out. "He's been terrific so far. He's got to this stage at the end of November and been absolutely brilliant, but at some point he will need that breather."

Finally, the BBC reports that David Beckham is set to "begin talks" with French outfit Monaco after Saturday's MLS cup final when Becks will wear his LA Galaxy shirt for the last time.

The 37-year-old is said to be open to the idea of moving to the principality for one final fling in Europe before calling time on his career. Though QPR and Paris Saint-Germain have both been linked to the former England and Manchester United winger, the BBC says that Monaco want him to spearhead their side next year as they look to get back into the French First Division. · 

For further concise, balanced comment and analysis on the week's news, try The Week magazine. Subscribe today and get 6 issues completely free.