Arsenal fans stuck with Nicklas Bendtner a little longer
Arsene Wenger forced to keep desperate Dane on after Demba Ba purchase fell through
AS MESUT OZIL prepares to unleash his genius on the Arsenal faithful, one Gunner is having to grin and bear it after an 11th hour transfer fell through. According to the Evening Standard, Nicklas Bendtner has vowed to "give everything" to Arsenal after his hopes of a fresh start were dashed.
The 25-year-old striker has been a bit-part player in recent seasons as Arsene Wenger loaned him out to Sunderland and then Juventus after despairing of the desperate Dane.
Apparently Premier League new boys Hull City and Crystal Palace were both "keen" to do a deal for Bendtner on Monday but Wenger pulled the plug when his attempt to sign striker Demba Ba from Chelsea fell through.
As a result Gooners are stuck with Bendtner, at least until January, and in attempt to reach out to the fans the smug Scandinavian released a statement in which he stated: "Arsenal and myself had agreed that I could leave the club during the 2013 summer transfer window… an agreement had been reached with more than one club this week, but as Arsenal were unable to secure the services of another striker, they reserved their right to not sanction any deal to be concluded."
Describing Arsenal as a "fantastic" club, Bendtner said he he held positive talks with Wenger as a result: "I am looking forward to working hard to regain full fitness and doing my very best to help the team and the manager fulfill our objectives and ambitions this season."
Goal.com reports that Real Madrid midfielder Sami Khedira has confirmed that he was the subject of a last-minute bid from Manchester United. The Red Devils ended up with Marouane Fellaini but according to German international Khedira, United were also on his tail on Manic Monday.
"Real Madrid has rejected the offer, so it's over," he is quoted as saying. Khedira added that he rejected the offer to move to Old Trafford after a reassurance from coach Carlo Ancelotti "that I will play for Real this season".
Still in Manchester and Tribalfootball.com says that Turkish outfit Besiktas "are claiming they have a deal in place" for United full-back Alexander Buttner. The transfer window remains open in Turkey until the end of the week and Besiktas expect to seal the capture of Buttner before then.
"We are working towards completing the deal, we have agreed personal terms with Alexander Buttner," explained Besiktas vice-president Nuri Cebi. "We will complete the loan transfer within the next one to two days."
Finally, it might not have been the most successful transfer window for United but they have confirmed the signing of 17-year-old right-back Saidy Janko. The Daily Mail reports that the teenager joins from FC Zurich "in a deal understood to be worth £700,000" after catching the eye of United scouts at the FIFA Blue Stars Tournament earlier this year.
Born in Switzerland to a Gambian father and a Swiss/Italian mother, Janko is expected to spend a couple of seasons in United’s youth teams before graduating to the first team squad. ·