Quarantine-free travel: which countries are safe to visit?
Aruba is one of the places added to the safe list while Estonia and Latvia are removed
The Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) has issued its latest update to England’s travel corridor list.
The following countries, territories and regions have been added to the safe list: Aruba, Bhutan, Mongolia, Pacific Islands (Federated States of Micronesia, Kiribati, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Vanuatu), and Timor-Leste.
Arrivals into England from these destinations after 4am on Saturday 28 November may not need to self-isolate.
Meanwhile, Estonia and Latvia have been removed from the exempt list. This means that travellers arriving into England from the two countries after 4am on Saturday 28 November will need to self-isolate.
Destinations on the quarantine list include Germany, Cyprus, Italy, Turkey, France, Spain, Sweden, Austria, the Netherlands, Switzerland and Greece (except the islands of Corfu, Crete, Kos, Rhodes and Zakynthos).
Arrivals into England from all destinations are still required to complete the passenger locator form and show proof at the UK border. This applies for UK residents and visitors.
The full list of quarantine-free travel countries is as follows:
- Azores and Madeira (rest of Portugal is not exempt)
- the Canary Islands (rest of Spain is not exempt)
- the Channel Islands
- Faroe Islands
- Greek islands: Corfu, Crete, Kos, Rhodes and Zakynthos
- the Isle of Man
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Bonaire/St Eustatius/Saba
- British Virgin Islands
- Cayman Islands
- Falkland Islands
- South Georgia & the South Sandwich Islands
- St Barthelemy
- St Kitts and Nevis
- St Lucia
- St Pierre and Miquelon
- St Vincent and the Grenadines
- Turks and Caicos Islands
- US Virgin Islands
- British Indian Ocean Territory
- Hong Kong
- the Maldives
- New Caledonia
- New Zealand
- Northern Mariana Islands
- Pacific Islands (Federated States of Micronesia, Kiribati, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Vanuatu)
- Pitcairn, Henderson, Ducie and Oeno Islands
- South Korea
- Sri Lanka
- St Helena, Ascension and Tristan da Cunha
- British Antarctic Territory
Middle East and Gulf
- United Arab Emirates