World Cup group B: Portugal vs. Morocco team news, kick-off time and TV channel
Cristiano Ronaldo will be aiming for more World Cup goals
Portugal vs. Morocco
- When: Wednesday 20 June
- Kick-off time: 1pm
- Where: Luzhniki Stadium, Moscow
- TV channel: live on BBC One
Portugal have no injury worries ahead of their group B match against Morocco at the Luzhniki Stadium in Moscow.
The European champions will again be led by star striker Cristiano Ronaldo, who scored a hat-trick in the 3-3 draw with Spain at the weekend.
The BBC reports that Bruno Alves could replace Jose Fonte at the heart of the Portugal defence and Joao Mario or Gelson Martins could come in for winger Bruno Fernandes. According to Fifa.com Andre Silva could join Ronaldo in attack.
Morocco, who lost in injury time against Iran, will be without Nordin Amrabat after he suffered concussion in their opening game. Amrabat could be replaced on the right side of midfield by younger brother Sofyan Amrabat or Fenerbahce’s Nabil Dirar.
Portugal vs. Morocco predicted starting XIs
How the two teams could line up at the Luzhniki Stadium, according to Fifa.com.
- Portugal (4-4-2): Rui Patricio; Cedric, Pepe, Jose Fonte, Raphael Guerreiro; William, Joao Moutinho, Bernardo Silva, Joao Mario; Andre Silva, Cristiano Ronaldo
- Morocco (4-5-1): Monir El Kajoui; Achraf Hakimi, Ghanem Saiss, Mehdi Benatia, Hamza Mendyl; Karim El Ahmadi, Hakim Ziyach, Mbark Boussoufa, Younes Belhanda, Sofyan Amrabat/Nabil Dirar; Khalid Boutaib
World Cup group B results, fixtures and live TV channels
- Morocco 0 Iran 1
- Portugal 3 Spain 3
- 20 June: Portugal vs. Morocco (1pm, BBC); Iran vs. Spain (7pm, ITV)
- 25 June: Spain vs. Morocco (7pm, BBC); Iran vs. Portugal (7pm, BBC)