Gwyneth Paltrow vagina candle explodes
And other stories from the stranger side of life
A Gwyneth Paltrow candle has burst into flames in the living room of a woman who won the curious product in a quiz. “The candle exploded and emitted huge flames, with bits flying everywhere,” Jody Thompson, 50, told The Sun. “It was scary at the time, but funny looking back that Gwyneth’s vagina candle exploded in my living room,” she added. Appearing on Ellen, Paltrow said she made the This Smells Like My Vagina candle as a challenge to the idea that “women have been taught to have a certain amount of shame about their body”.
‘Injured’ dog was impersonating owner
An injured dog owner has splashed £300 on vet bills for his limping lurcher only to discover the dog was merely copying how he was walking using crutches out of sympathy. Russell Jones shared footage of his beloved Bill hopping along the street with his paw raised above the ground in an effort to mimic his maimed owner’s movements. He wrote: “Cost me £300 in vet fees and X-rays, nothing wrong just sympathy. Love him.”
Woman invites applicants for first kiss
An American woman who had never been kissed asked people to apply to be her first smooch. M’Lynn Martin, 24, put her skills to good use by creating a hilarious form for applicants from which she chose a suitable partner for her first smooch. The successful applicant was one of her college professor’s younger brothers. They both got tested for Covid before the kiss and Martin says she is “no longer a lip virgin”.