Cockroach found in Dunstable woman's KFC burrito
Fast food chain apologises for unwanted guest in Zinger wrap
A woman in Bedfordshire says she was shocked to discover a cockroach as she bit into a KFC burrito.
Bjourdashe Alio Henry told the BBC she bought the lunch from the fast food giant's outlet at the White Lion Retail Park, Dunstable.
She said she was “on the verge of biting into” the Zinger wrap when she spotted the unwanted filling.
“I felt disgusted, I thought I was going to throw up as soon as I saw it,” she said.
Once she returned to KFC, Henry claims that staff insisted the item was not a cockroach but “couldn't give...an answer to what it was”.
They then gave her a refund, but kept hold of the burrito, she said.
An online complaint has been sent to the company, but Henry “has yet to hear back about the incident on 5 September”, says the BBC.
A KFC spokesman said: “We have strict procedures in place to ensure the quality and safety of our food. When dealing with fresh, natural produce things like this can sometimes unfortunately happen.”
“We're sorry for Bjourdashe's experience and the team immediately offered her another meal when they heard about this.”
In 2016 KFC was ordered to pay out almost £19,000 after a cockroach was found eating a chip in one of the company’s biggest branches in West London.
In February this year, the fast food chain was hit with another high-profile catastrophe when 900 UK outlets had to close temporarily after delivery problems meant they ran out of chicken.