Christmas recipe: chocolate orange and amaretto mousse
Bettina Campolucci Bordi’s dessert is incredibly light and satisfying
Very few ingredients are needed to make this incredibly light and satisfying mousse, said Bettina Campolucci Bordi.
It has an added grown-up twist of amaretto, which can easily be skipped for little ones.
Ingredients: serves 4
- 320ml (11 fl oz/11⁄3 cups) good-quality coconut cream or refrigerated full-fat tinned coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons runny peanut or almond butter
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder
- 2-3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons Amaretto
- zest of 1 orange
For the caramelised oranges
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- 3 oranges, peeled and cut into slices
- 1⁄2 vanilla pod (bean), split and the seeds scraped out, or 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract or paste
- Grated dark chocolate, with at least 70% cocoa solids
- 4 slices of orange (optional)
- Add the coconut cream and all the other ingredients to a bowl. Use an electric hand-held whisk to mix everything together until fluffy (be careful not to overblend).
- To make the caramelised oranges, heat the coconut oil in a small to medium saucepan and fry the orange slices before finishing off with the vanilla.
- To serve, add a couple of caramelised orange slices to the bottom of each serving glass and spoon in the mousse. Top with grated chocolate and an orange slice (if using).
- Refrigerate before serving or eat immediately.
Celebrate: Plant-Based Recipes for Every Occasion by Bettina Campolucci Bordi is published by Hardie Grant (£20). To buy from The Week Bookshop for £15.99, call 020-3176 3835 or visit theweekbookshop.co.uk