On the menu
Christmas recipe: homemade truffles
A festive treat from Wild by Tart which are also a great gift for foodies
26 Nov 2021
These homemade truffle chocolates are such a joy to make, said Wild by Tart. They are also a great gift for foodies this Christmas. The ingredients make approximately 20 truffles.
Chocolate truffles with an almond and tahini
- 2 tbsp coconut butter
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 80g almonds
- 1tsp sea salt
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 100g dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Roast almonds for 10 minutes. Take out and the blitz until you get small chunks, take out half and put to one side in a bowl, and then blitz the rest until you get a smooth butter. Add the coconut butter, tahini and cinnamon to the food processor and mix until silky. Take out with a spatula and add to the crunchy cut almonds and sprinkle with sea salt. Firm up in the fridge for a few hours.
- Take out of the fridge, and with a spoon dipped into hot water dig out a small amount and roll into a ball (we like a 2cm dimension), once they are all rolled. Heat the chocolate over a low heat- and take each crunchy ball one by one and dip it in. we have use a thin wooden cocktail stick for this. Place onto a grease proof lined tray, and place into the fridge to set for a few hours.
White chocolate, rose and pistachio truffles
- 100g white chocolate (we like Lindt)
- 90g cashew nuts
- 2tbsp coconut butter
- 2tbsp desiccated coconut
- 2tsp rose water
- 1tsp vanilla bean
- 2tbsp dried raspberry
- 2tbsp pistachios
- Melt chocolate and coconut butter in a pan over a low heat.
- In a food processor blitz the cashew nuts and desiccated coconut with a pinch of sea salt until a fine crumb, add the melted white chocolate and blitz for a couple of minutes, with the rose water and vanilla bean. Taste for adjustments- maybe more salt.
- Place in a bowl and into the fridge to firm up.
- Once firm, using a spoon dig out an amount to roll your balls.
- Blitz the dried raspberries and then pistachios, to a fine crumb. Place on a plate- and then roll your balls in the crumbs.
Smokey chocolate truffles
- 200g dark chocolate
- 100ml double cream
- 1 dried ancho chilli, roughly chopped
- pinch sea salt
- pinch cinnamon
- pinch of ground ancho chilli pepper – or cayenne pepper
- 20g salted butter
- 50g cocoa powder
- Break up the chocolate and place into a bowl
- In a saucepan heat the cream with the ancho chilli until just boiling. Remove the chilli and add the butter. Stir until infused.
- Pour the cream over the chocolate and add a pinch of ancho pepper, sea salt and cinnamon. Make sure the chocolate has melted by stirring. Cover with cling film and refrigerate for a few hours.
- With a spoon scoop out mixture and roll with your hands. Roll in to cocoa powder. Put back into the fridge to firm up for an hour.
Wild by Tart is a neighbourhood restaurant in Belgravia, London.