Champions League: Juventus vs. Man Utd team news, starting XIs, TV channel
Marcus Rashford looks forward to another clash against Cristiano Ronaldo
Juventus vs. Manchester United
- What: Champions League group H matchday four
- When: Wednesday 7 November
- Where: Allianz Stadium, Turin, Italy
- Kick-off: 8pm (UK time)
- TV channel: live on BT Sport 2
Marcus Rashford has spoken of his admiration for Juventus star Cristiano Ronaldo but the Manchester United forward hopes to inflict defeat on the former Red Devil in the Champions League tonight.
Ronaldo’s new club Juve beat United 1-0 at Old Trafford two weeks ago and are top of group H with a maximum nine points from three matches.
Second-placed United go to Turin five points behind Juve and Rashford is ready to face the Italian champions again. “The home game was a game with a lot of lessons,” the 21-year-old told the United website. “It was a game where we could have lost 2-0, drawn the game 1-1 or won the game 2-1.
“I think it’s good to have the two games quite close together because the first game is quite fresh in a lot of people’s minds. I wouldn’t say it’s easier to prepare for it, but you feel ready to face it.”
Former United star Ronaldo will line up again tonight in the black and white stripes of Juventus. Although Rashford is in awe of the 33-year-old Portuguese striker he says United must not fear him.
“For me there is no bigger inspiration in football,” said Rashford. “I could speak for a lot of young players and United fans that watched the team when he was here and the majority of us have followed him as he’s moved on in his career and that’s what’s special about United.
“When you play against a player like that you have to respect his qualities but at the same time you have to play your game and you can’t show fear.”
Tonight’s other group H fixture sees Valencia at home against Young Boys (5.55pm, live on BT Sport 1).
Team news and possible starting XIs
Juventus team news
Croatian striker Mario Mandzukic is fit again and could feature tonight. But the BBC reports that Juve coach Massimiliano Allegri could select Juan Cuadrado and Paulo Dybala alongside Ronaldo in a “three-pronged attack”.
The Italian champions do have some injury worries though with midfielders Douglas Costa and Emre Can, and forward Moise Kean, ruled out.
Man Utd team news
United striker Romelu Lukaku hasn’t travelled to Turin and is also an injury doubt for the derby against Manchester City on Sunday.
Portuguese full-back Diogo Dalot will also miss the clash against Juve but captain Antonio Valencia and midfielder Marouane Fellaini trained this week and were in the travelling party to Italy.
Possible starting XIs
How the two teams could line up at the Allianz Stadium tonight, according to the Uefa website:
- Juventus possible starting XI (4-3-3): Szczesny; Cancelo, Bonucci, Chiellini, Alex Sandro; Bentancur, Pjanic, Matuidi/Khedira; Cuadrado, Ronaldo, Dybala
- Manchester United possible starting XI (4-3-3): De Gea; Young, Smalling, Lindelof, Shaw; Matic, Pogba, Fred; Martial, Sanchez, Rashford
TV channel and live stream details
Matchday four results, fixtures and TV guide
Tuesday 6 November results
- Group A: Monaco 0 Club Brugge 4; Atletico Madrid 2 Borussia Dortmund 0
- Group B: Inter Milan 1 Barcelona 1; Tottenham Hotspur 2 PSV Eindhoven 1
- Group C: Red Star Belgrade 2 Liverpool 0; Napoli 1 Paris Saint-Germain 1
- Group D: FC Porto 4 Lokomotiv Moscow 1; FC Schalke 04 2 Galatasaray 0
Wednesday 7 November fixtures (8pm UK time unless stated)
- Group E: Benfica vs. Ajax (live on BT Sport Extra 3); Bayern Munich vs. AEK Athens (live on BT Sport Extra 2)
- Group F: Lyon vs. Hoffenheim (live on BT Sport Extra 4); Manchester City vs. Shakhtar Donetsk (live on BT Sport 3)
- Group G: CSKA Moscow vs. Roma (5.55pm, live on BT Sport ESPN); Viktoria Plzen vs. Real Madrid (live on BT Sport ESPN)
- Group H: Valencia vs. Young Boys (5.55pm, live on BT Sport 1); Juventus vs. Manchester United (live on BT Sport 2)