Chelsea transfer news: Conte 'eyeing up Sergio Aguero to replace Diego Costa'
Blues are first in line for a summer move if Spanish striker wants out of Real Madrid - latest Chelsea transfer news and gossip
Chelsea transfer news: Alexis Sanchez to join Diego Costa?
Blues boss Antonio Conte is preparing to make an astounding transfer move in order to achieve his dream of pairing Diego Costa with Alexis Sanchez. According to a jaw-dropping exclusive in the Daily Mirror, the Chelsea gaffer "will move for Sanchez if he does not resolve his contract stand-off with Arsenal".
It's been well-documented that the Gunners are currently discussing the terms of a new deal with both Sanchez and Mesut Ozil, and the Mirror claims that Chelsea are "huge admirers" of the 27-year-old Chilean wizard, who is currently joint-top scorer in the Premier League on 11 goals. That's the same number scored by Costa and Conte dreams of seeing the two together in a blue shirt.
Happy to oblige, the Mirror gives Conte a taste of what might await, mocking up a photo of Sanchez wearing a Chelsea shirt. That should be enough to spur Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger into action.
The Arsenal boss is coming under pressure from fans to up Sanchez's wages from £130,000-a-week to something closer to £200,000. If he doesn't, says the Mirror, Chelsea "will register their interest" and look to make their move in the summer.
Chelsea transfer news: Atletico Madrid battle for Ghoulam
The Blues will have to battle old foes Atletico Madrid if they are serious about signing Faouzi Ghoulam next month, claims Goal.com.
The 25-year-old left-back has shone for Napoli this season and that's apparently led to enquiries from Antonio Conte, but Goal.com, quoting Italian outlet Calciomercato, says Atletico "are ready to challenge Chelsea" for the defender.
It's said that the Spanish club sent their director of sport to check out Ghoulam in Friday's game against Inter, and an offer is likely to be tabled in January, leaving Chelsea to decide whether to rival any bid from Madrid.
According to the Daily Star the Blues are ready to bin Marco van Ginkel in January. The actual word that the tabloid uses is "dump", having concluded that the Holland international - working his way back to full-fitness - is still some way off challenging for a place in the first team.
The midfielder has made three appearances for the Blues' Under-23 team since returning to full training following his knee injury but the Star says he will be "available for loan in January". Fenerbahce are believed to be loitering with intent but the Turkish club will probably have to beat off interest from PSV Eindhoven, who took van Ginkel on loan last season.
Finally, Metro says that if Chelsea want Ben Gibson it will cost them £35m. That's the price tag that Middlesbrough have slapped on the 23-year-old defender after learning of interest from the Blues and Everton. Metro says Boro "are determined to keep Gibson at the Riverside", and are cautiously optimistic their eye-watering evaluation will deter any January interest.
Chelsea transfer news: Blues and Liverpool want Kondogbia
With a little over three weeks until the first transfer window of 2017 opens, Chelsea and Liverpool are reportedly ready to pounce for Geoffrey Kondogbia.
The defensive midfielder, who can also operate as a central defender if required, is nearing the end of his time at Inter Milan after failing to find favour with new manager Stefano Pioli. The Daily Express, taking Italian newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport as its source, says that Chelsea gaffer Antonio Conte has Kondogbia "on his list of targets for next month's transfer window".
The 23-year-old powerhouse cost Inter £28m when he moved from Monaco last year but he's now wanting out, and the Express says Inter are ready to loan out the France international "with a mandatory £18.6m fee to make the deal permanent". Chelsea are favourites to land Kondogbia but Liverpool are also interested with Jurgen Klopp desperate to shore up his defence following Sunday's 4-3 defeat to Bournemouth.
As an aside, the Express also states that Conte is "keen" to make a move for Real Madrid outcast James Rodriguez, although he'll have to first get past United's Jose Mourinho who's been tailing the Colombia playmaker for months.
Elsewhere and the Daily Star claims that Chelsea have "edged ahead" of Real Madrid in the race to sign Alexander Isak. Described as a "Swedish sensation" by the paper, the 17-year-old striker has scored ten goals in 24 matches for AIK this season and that's attracted interest from Real, Bayern Munich, Juventus and Paris Saint-Germain. But it's believed the youngster prefers a move to England and the Star says that an agreement could "be negotiated when the transfer window reopens in the new year".
Chelsea transfer news: Fiorentina's Milan Badelj on Conte's shopping list
Chelsea have a fight on their hands if they're to land Milan Badelj, reports the Daily Star.
The 27-year-old Croatian midfielder is said to be on the shopping list of Antonio Conte, with the red-top claiming the Blues boss is "preparing to make a big offer for him".
Badelj joined Fiorentina from Hamburg in a £4.2m move in 2014 and his market value has increased considerably because of his strong displays in Serie A.
He's also caught the eye of AC Milan and Roma and that could lead to a bidding war breaking out in January, according to his agent, Dejan Joksimovic.
Asked by Italian outlet CalcioMercato for information on Badelj's plans, the agent replied: "I honestly do not know... We do not know if Fiorentina will sell in January or not."
However, Joksimovic did admit there "are a lot of teams interested in him".
Meanwhile, Metro reports that Charly Musonda's loan spell with Real Betis could be about to end, with the 20-year-old midfielder back at Stamford Bridge to have a knee injury assessed.
The youngster spent the second half of last season on loan with the Spanish club and all parties agreed to extend the deal until next June, after Musonda impressed the Seville side.
This season, however, he's been bedevilled by injuries and Betis's sporting director, Miguel Torrecilla, has admitted the Belgian's time at the club could be drawing to a close.
"We need to find out his condition and go from there with assessing what could happen with the transfer," he said. "It is clear that it could cost Betis more if he does not get a run of matches."
Chelsea transfer news: Conte eyes up Ghoulam
As John Terry's Chelsea career peters out in ignominious fashion, CaughtOffside reports manager Antonio Conte has already identified a replacement in the Blues' back-four - Faouzi Ghoulam.
Algerian paper Le Buteur reports Arsenal, Manchester City and Chelsea are "all interested in the Napoli left-back". A bidding war is expected to erupt in the new year, with a reportedly £25m bid from Chelsea rejected by Napoli over the summer.
The Blues are "prepared to make another move", says Le Buteur, with Conte desperate to strengthen his defence, although he'll face stiff competition from Arsene Wenger.
As for Terry, The Sun claims he's "a target for moneybags Shanghai Shenhua in the Chinese Super League".
The veteran defender admitted this week that he's uncertain about his future, but the tabloid says Shanghai Shenhua, who are managed by Terry's former Blues team-mate Gus Poyet, are on the brink of offering the ageing defender "double-your-money £100,000 a week to head to the Far East".
Currently on a miserly £50,000-a-week in west London, Terry is expected to jump at the chance for a lucrative swansong in Shanghai, having appeared just once as a substitute in the last two months and.
And another ageing outcast at the Bridge is in the news once more with the Daily Express reporting that midfielder John Obi Mikel is "wanted by Spanish giants Valencia".
Earlier in the week, the veteran playmaker was said to be on Jose Mourinho's shopping list. But the Daily Express reports the Old Trafford gaffer faces a challenge from Valencia, who tried to sign Mikel last summer and are readying themselves for a fresh bid.
Chelsea transfer news: Inter Milan dismiss Diego Costa link
Inter Milan have rubbished suggestions that they are looking to prise Diego Costa from Stamford Bridge in the new year.
Rumours have been growing in recent days that the Italian outfit had identified the Spanish sharpshooter as a January target but the Daily Express says that's news to Inter.
In conversation with broadcaster Premium Sport, the club's sporting director, Piero Ausilio, was asked to comment on reports linking the club with a move for Costa. "To talk about this is absurd, we already have a very strong centre-forward," he replied, a reference to Mauro Icardi, who has scored 12 league goals in his last 14 appearances.
And the Express carries another story from Italy of interest to Chelsea fans, this one concerning Branislav Ivanovic. Apparently Juventus are "eyeing" the veteran defender as a replacement for Leonardo Bonucci, once linked with the Bridge, but who is now out until January with a serious hamstring injury.
With Dani Alves also out for a while with a broken leg, Juventus are desperate for defensive reinforcements and the Express - taking its cue from Gazetta dello Sport - believe that they will move for Ivanovic in the new year.
Chelsea transfer news: Barcelona interested in Victor Moses
Victor Moses has been one of this season's success stories and after finally blossoming under Antonio Conte is set to be rewarded with a bumper new deal at Chelsea reports The Sun, with the paper revealing that the Premier League leaders are prepared to make him an offer he can't refuse in order "to fend off Barcelona".
The Spanish giants have been linked with what the Sun calls a "sensational move" for the wing-back after their scouts took back rave reviews of his displays to the Camp Nou.
The 25-year-old Moses is revelling in his new position under Chelsea boss Conte and his form has come to the attention of Barcelona, who are still searching for a successor for Dani Alves who left the club in the summer for Juventus.
That man, they believe, could be Moses and, having missed out on Arsenal's Hector Bellerin, Barcelona will make their move in the new year although the Sun predicts Chelsea have the financial means to hang on to Moses.
One player who is set for an imminent exit is John Terry. The Daily Star says that the 35-year-old, who changed his mind about leaving Stamford Bridge at the end of last season, is slowly being edged out of the club by Conte and the veteran defender appears resigned to a new challenge in the future.
"I still want to play for a couple more years, whether that is here at Chelsea or somewhere abroad, I don’t know," admitted Terry. "I am contracted to Chelsea for this season and then will see after that."
Chelsea transfer news: Blues join hunt for James Rodriguez
A battle is brewing between the Blues and Manchester United for the hand of James Rodriguez, reports the Sunday Express.
News emerged last week that the Red Devils had their eye on the Colombian star after his relationship with Real Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane allegedly took a turn for the worse, and it's believed he is now ready to quit Madrid to play more regularly.
But according to the Express the 25-year-old playmaker has been identified by Chelsea manager Antonio Conte as an ideal addition to his squad and the London club is ready to meet Real's asking price of £63m - which is what Rodiguez cost when they bought him from Monaco in 2014.
In addition, says the Express, Conte is also poised to make a bid for Inter Milan midfielder Geoffrey Kondogbia.
Just a few days after Thibaut Courtois was reported to be considering a new deal at Chelsea comes news that he's once more being courted by Real Madrid.
According to The Sun the Belgian keeper "could run down his Chelsea contract" as the Spanish giants ramp up their interest in the 24-year-old. Courtois has 18 months left on his current deal but it's claimed that the Blues won't offer him a new one "unless he commits to two years without a pay rise".
That's not to the liking of the keeper and as a result he's reportedly informed friends "he will look at his future" and hope that Real come calling when their transfer embargo is lifted. That's not until January 2018 but despite the time lag the Sun says that Courtois will "hold all the aces if a new contract is not agreed, with clubs aware his market value will dip".
Chelsea transfer news: Costa and Courtois commit to Blues
Chelsea are set for a "huge boost" with Diego Costa and Thibaut Courtois preparing to sign new deals with the club.
The Daily Telegraph says that the pair, who have been linked with moves away from Stamford Bridge in recent months, are prepared to extend their contracts and the news is more proof of "the remarkable turnaround under head coach Antonio Conte".
When Chelsea were struggling at the start of the season, Costa was said to be edging towards a return to Atletico Madrid in the new year, but the Telegraph says the Spanish striker has changed his mind and will sign a new deal with the Blues that will see his weekly wage increase from £150,000 to £200,000.
Gloveman Courtois was reportedly being courted by Real Madrid earlier in the season but the Belgian, who has kept six successive clean sheets in Chelsea's climb to the top of the table, is enjoying working under Conte. As a result, claims the Telegraph, Chelsea are confident the 24-year-old Courtois "is fully committed to the club" and will shortly pen a new deal.
Meanwhile the Telegraph also claims that Conte is scouting out young talent in England and one player who has caught his eye is Exeter City's 16-year-old Ethan Ampadu. Apparently the youngster, who has also been checked out Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester City, is likely to move to the Bridge in a £2m deal in the new year, with Conte "willing to loan him back to the League Two club in an attempt to win the race for his signature".
Chelsea transfer news: Fabregas and Oscar are 'important'
As Chelsea put up their feet and watch their Premier League rivals in action in Europe, manager Antonio Conte has dismissed suggestions that he wants to sell Oscar and Cesc Fabregas.
In an interview with Gazzetta dello Sport, scrutinised by Talksport, the Italian gaffer was asked about rumours linking his two stars with a new year exit from the Bridge. "It's gossip," retorted Conte. "I'm not going to send them away. They're important players for Chelsea."
Meanwhile another Italian source, Calcio Mercato, claims that Paris Saint-Germain centre-back Thiago Silva could be set for a shock move to Chelsea next year.
The French champions are currently in London - all bar Serge Aurier - to take on Arsenal in tonight's Champions League clash and Caughtoffside.com reports that Silva's agent, Paulo Tonietto, has hinted at a move to west London. Calling the Blues a "great club", Tonietto added: "Thiago's contract expires on June 30th, 2017, and if PSG don't qualify for Champions League football, everything is possible in football."
Chelsea transfer news: Blues join race for Brazil sensation
There's a three way fight shaping up for the player described by The Sun as a"Brazilian sensation". According to the paper Chelsea, Manchester United and Paris Saint-Germain all have their hearts set on Thiago Maia, the 19-year-old Santos midfielder considered "one of the hottest properties in South American football".
The teenage playmaker was a member of the Brazil squad that won Olympic gold at Rio 2016 and Santos, aware of his talent, have slapped a £17m price tag on their player's head. That's already forced Juventus to pull out of the race, leaving the Blues to battle it out with United and PSG.
Meanwhile Chelsea will also have a fight on their hands if they're to land Schalke defender Sead Kolasinac in the new year, reports Talksport, with the broadcaster claiming that Manchester City and West Ham have also been scouting the 23-year-old full back.
But Chelsea's biggest hurdle may be Schalke themselves, with the German outfit desperate to tie down the Bosnian to a new deal. Admitting to German football magazine Kicker, that he's in talks with Schalke general manager Christian Heidel, Kolasinac said: "Heidel has already contacted my agent over prolonging my contract. It must fit both sides, but there is no time pressure."
- 1Chelsea transfer news: Conte 'eyeing up Sergio Aguero to replace Diego Costa'
- 2Chelsea transfer news: Conte 'eyeing up Sergio Aguero to replace Diego Costa'
- 3Chelsea transfer news: Conte 'eyeing up Sergio Aguero to replace Diego Costa'
- 4Chelsea transfer news: Conte 'eyeing up Sergio Aguero to replace Diego Costa'
- 5Chelsea transfer news: Conte 'eyeing up Sergio Aguero to replace Diego Costa' - currently reading
- 6Chelsea transfer news: Conte 'eyeing up Sergio Aguero to replace Diego Costa'
- 7Chelsea transfer news: Conte 'eyeing up Sergio Aguero to replace Diego Costa'
- 8Chelsea transfer news: Conte 'eyeing up Sergio Aguero to replace Diego Costa'
- 9Chelsea transfer news: Conte 'eyeing up Sergio Aguero to replace Diego Costa'
- 10Chelsea transfer news: Conte 'eyeing up Sergio Aguero to replace Diego Costa'