West Indies vs. England cricket series: T20 squads, fixtures and results
After the Test and ODI games the teams play three Twenty20 matches
England have taken a 1-0 lead in the three-match Twenty20 series against the West Indies after a four-wicket victory in St Lucia.
The Windies scored 160-8 from their 20 overs and in reply England reached 161-6 with seven balls remaining. Jonny Bairstow hit an “eye-catching” 68 from 40 balls, the BBC reports, his highest score in an international T20 match.
England captain Eoin Morgan said: “I thought the bowlers were magnificent. Taking early wickets really did put us on the front foot because it’s something we’ve struggled to do this whole white-ball tour.
“I thought our seam bowlers did an incredible job, then followed up by a fine spell of bowling from Adil Rashid. Chris Jordan came back in and bowled really well and Tom Curran took four, but I thought Adil did really well.”
When are the next T20 games?
After defeat in the Tests and a draw in the one-day internationals, England will look to end their Caribbean tour with a victory in the T20 series. The second and third T20 matches will be played on 8 March and 10 March at Warner Park in St Kitts and Nevis. Both matches start at 8pm GMT.
West Indies T20 squad
Jason Holder (captain), Fabian Allen, Devendra Bishoo, Carlos Brathwaite, Darren Bravo, John Campbell, Sheldon Cottrell, Chris Gayle, Shimron Hetmyer, Shai Hope, Ashley Nurse, Nicholas Pooran, Oshane Thomas
England T20 squad
Eoin Morgan (Middlesex, captain), Moeen Ali (Worcestershire), Jonny Bairstow (Yorkshire), Sam Billings (Kent), Tom Curran (Surrey), Joe Denly (Kent), Alex Hales (Nottinghamshire), Chris Jordan (Sussex), Dawid Malan (Middlesex), Liam Plunkett (Surrey), Adil Rashid (Yorkshire), Joe Root (Yorkshire), David Willey (Yorkshire), Mark Wood (Durham)
Results and fixtures (all times GMT)
Test results and fixtres
- 1st Test, Barbados: West Indies won by 381 runs
- 2nd Test, Antigua: West Indies won by ten wickets
- 3rd Test, St Lucia: England won by 232 runs
- West Indies won the Test series 2-1
One-day international (ODI) matches
- 1st ODI, Barbados: England won by six wickets
- 2nd ODI, Barbados: West Indies won by 26 runs
- 3rd ODI, Grenada: abandoned due to rain
- 4th ODI, Grenada: England on by 29 runs
- 5th ODI, St Lucia: West Indies won by seven wickets
- The series ended in a 2-2 draw
International Twenty20s (IT20)
- 1st IT20, St Lucia: England won by four wickets
- 8 March 2019: 2nd IT20 at Warner Park, St Kitts and Nevis (8pm)
- 10 March 2019: 3rd IT20 at Warner Park, St Kitts and Nevis (8pm)