F1 Spanish Grand Prix: qualifying, race start time, betting odds and TV details
The fifth Formula 1 GP of 2018 takes place on Sunday at the Circuit de Catalunya
The Formula 1 teams and drivers head to Barcelona this weekend for the Spanish Grand Prix at the Circuit de Catalunya.
Reigning F1 champion Lewis Hamilton leads the drivers’ standings after four races, but will expect a battle against title rivals Sebastian Vettel and Kimi Raikkonen of Ferrari, Red Bull’s Daniel Ricciardo and Mercedes team-mate Kimi Raikkonen.
Hamilton won last year’s Spanish GP ahead of Vettel and Ricciardo, who were second and third respectively.
Once Sunday’s race is completed the teams will return to the Circuit de Catalunya for in-season testing from 15-16 May.
Here we take a look at the race and circuit information, betting odds and live TV guide for qualifying and Sunday’s Spanish GP – the fifth race in the 2018 calendar and the opening leg of F1’s European schedule.
2018 F1 Spanish Grand Prix guide
- When: Sunday 13 May
- Where: Circuit de Catalunya, Barcelona, Spain
- Race start time: 2.10pm on Sunday
- First GP held: 1991
- Number of laps: 66
- Circuit length: 4.655km (2.892 miles)
- Race distance: 307.104km (190.825 miles)
- Lap record: 1:21.670 by Kimi Raikkonen in 2008
- Last year’s podium: 1st Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes); 2nd Sebastian Vettel (Ferrari); 3rd Daniel Ricciardo (Red Bull Racing)
How to watch the Spanish GP on TV
Sky Sports F1 will show live coverage of the press conferences, practice sessions, qualifying and Sunday’s build-up and race. Sky will also replay the race at 6pm on Sunday – the same time Channel 4 will show highlights from Barcelona. Here is Sky’s live coverage from Spain.
Today on Sky Sports F1
- 12pm: Team principals’ press conference (also streamed on SkySports.com)
- 1.45pm: Spanish GP practice two build-up
- 2pm: Spanish GP practice two live
- 10.30am: Spanish GP practice three build-up
- 11am: Spanish GP practice three live
- 1pm: Spanish GP qualifying build-up
- 2pm: Spanish GP qualifying live
- 4.50pm: The F1 Show live
- 7.45pm: Ted’s Qualifying Notebook
Sunday 13 May
- 12.30pm: Spanish GP Pit Lane live
- 1.30pm: Spanish GP On the Grid live
- 2.10pm: Formula 1 Spanish Grand Prix live
- 4.30pm: Spanish GP Paddock live
- 6pm: Spanish GP race replay
F1 Spanish GP betting odds
Latest best prices according to Oddschecker (as of 11 May).
Spanish GP winner odds
- Sebastian Vettel (Ferrari): 6/4
- Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes): 7/4
- Valtteri Bottas (Mercedes): 9/1
- Daniel Ricciardo (Red Bull): 9/1
- Max Verstappen (Red Bull): 10/1
- Kimi Raikkonen (Ferrari): 12/1
- Fernando Alonso (McLaren): 400/1