F1 British GP: Lewis Hamilton on pole, race start time, betting odds and TV
World champion Hamilton secures record sixth pole position at Silverstone
Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton will start on pole position at the Formula 1 British Grand Prix on Sunday after a superb display in qualifying at Silverstone.
British star Hamilton had to come from behind to record the fastest qualifying time ahead of title rival Sebastian Vettel of Ferrari. Vettel’s Ferrari teammate Kimi Raikkonen will start in third.
Hamilton’s new track record of 1:25.892 was less than tenth of a second faster than Vettel and after his flying lap he was “visibly shaking in his post-session interview”, Sky Sports reports.
The reigning F1 world champion said: “It was the toughest lap I’ve had to do. The pressure was beyond anything I’ve experienced before and I think the desire to pull it out, knowing that deep within me I’ve got it, but to absolutely extract it and pull it out of the car was harder than any other qualifying session I’ve experienced.”
Sunday’s British GP at Silverstone starts at 2.10pm. Here we look at the British GP race details, betting odds and TV guide.
2018 F1 British Grand Prix guide
- When: Sunday 8 July
- Where: Silverstone Circuit, Northamptonshire
- Race start time: 2.10pm
- First GP at Silverstone: 1950
- Number of laps: 52
- Circuit length: 5.891km (3.660 miles)
- Race distance: 306.198km (186.602 miles)
- Lap record: 1:30.621 by Lewis Hamilton in 2017
- 2017 podium: 1st Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes); 2nd Valtteri Bottas (Mercedes); 3rd Kimi Raikkonen (Ferrari)
- Circuit details: formula1.com
When is the 2018 F1 British Grand Prix?
Sunday’s Rolex F1 British Grand Prix starts at 2.10pm.
British GP betting odds
Latest prices according to Oddschecker (as of 7 July).
To win at Silverstone:
- Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes): 4/6
- Sebastian Vettel (Ferrari): 11/4
- Kimi Raikkonen (Ferrari): 9/1
- Valtteri Bottas (Mercedes): 16/1
- Max Verstappen (Red Bull): 25/1
- Daniel Ricciardo (Red Bull): 50/1
What TV channels are showing the British GP?
Sky F1’s British GP schedule
Sunday 8 July
- 12.30pm: British GP pit lane
- 1.30pm: British GP On The Grid
- 2.10pm: British Grand Prix live
- 4.30pm: British GP paddock
- 6.25pm: British GP race replay
- 8.45pm: British GP highlights
Channel 4’s British GP coverage
- 1pm: British GP live build-up
- 1.40pm: British GP live
- 4.30pm: British GP live reaction
F1 2018 standings
How the F1 drivers’ championship table looks after nine races:
- 1 Sebastian Vettel (Ferrari) 146 points
- 2 Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes) 145
- 3 Kimi Raikkonen (Ferrari) 101
- 4 Daniel Ricciardo (Red Bull) 96
- 5 Max Verstappen (Red Bull) 93
- 6 Valtteri Bottas (Mercedes) 92
- 7 Kevin Magnussen (Hass) 37
- 8 Fernando Alonso (McLaren) 36
- 9 Nico Hulkenberg (Renault) 34
- 10 Carlos Sainz (Renault) 28
How the F1 constructors’ championship table looks:
- 1. Ferrari 247 points
- 2. Mercedes 237
- 3. Red Bull 189
- 4. Renault 62
- 5. Haas 49
- 6. McLaren 44
- 7. Force India 42
- 8. Toro Rosso 19
- 9. Sauber 16
- 10. Williams 4