F1 Russian GP: practice, qualifying, race start time, circuit guide, betting odds and TV
Can Hamilton and Bottas extend Mercedes’ domination in Sochi?
2018 F1 Russian Grand Prix
- When: Sunday 30 September
- Where: Sochi Autodrom, Russia
- Circuit guide: f1.com
- Race start time: 12.10pm on Sunday (UK time)
- 2017 result: 1st Valtteri Bottas (Mercedes); 2nd Sebastian Vettel (Ferrari); 3rd Kimi Raikkonen (Ferrari)
Lewis Hamilton takes a 40-point lead in the Formula 1 drivers’ championship to the Russian Grand Prix this weekend.
The reigning world champion has won the previous two races, in Singapore and Italy, and is the bookies’ favourite to take the chequered flag on Sunday.
However, Russia’s Sochi Autodrom is a happy hunting ground for Mercedes as they have a 100% winning record in the four previous races held there. Hamilton won in 2014 and 2015, Nico Rosberg won in 2016 and Valtteri Bottas was victorious last year.
2018 Russian GP guide
Sochi Autodrom: about the circuit
- First GP: 2014
- Number of laps: 53
- Circuit length: 5.848km
- Race distance: 309.745km
- Lap record: 1:36.844 set by Kimi Raikkonen in 2017
When are the practice sessions?
There will be three practice sessions at the Sochi Autodrom. On Friday practice one starts at 9am and practice two is at 1pm. Practice three takes place on Saturday at 10am. (All times UK.)
When is qualifying?
The Russian GP qualifying session starts at 1pm on Saturday.
What time does the Russian GP start?
Lights will go out at 12.10pm on Sunday for the start of the race in Sochi.
How to watch the Russian GP on TV
Sky Sports F1’s Russian GP schedule
Thursday 27 September
- 1pm: drivers’ press conference featuring Valtteri Bottas (Mercedes); Marcus Ericsson (Sauber); Charles Leclerc (Sauber); Sergey Sirotkin (Williams)
- 4pm: Welcome to the Weekend
Friday 28 September
- 8.45am: practice one build-up
- 9am: practice one live
- 11am: team principals’ press conference - watch live on Sky digital
- 12.45pm: practice two build-up
- 1pm: practice two live
Saturday 29 September
- 9.45am: practice three build-up
- 10am: practice three live
- 12pm: qualifying build-up
- 1pm: Russian GP qualifying live
- 2.35pm: The F1 Show
Sunday 30 September
- 10.30am: Pit Lane live
- 11.30am: On the Grid live
- 12.10pm: F1 Russian Grand Prix live
- 3.30pm: Paddock live
Channel 4’s Russian GP schedule
- Saturday 29 September, 4.30pm: qualifying highlights
- Sunday 30 September, 6.45pm: Russian GP highlights
Russian GP betting odds
Latest prices according to Oddschecker (as of 27 September).
To win the Russian GP
- Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes): 13/10
- Sebastian Vettel (Ferrari): 7/5
- Valtteri Bottas (Mercedes): 8/1
- Kimi Raikkonen (Ferrari): 10/1
- Max Verstappen (Red Bull): 35/1
- Daniel Ricciardo (Red Bull): 50/1