F1 United States GP: title permutations, practice, qualifying, start time, odds, TV
How Lewis Hamilton can become the 2018 F1 world champion in Austin
2018 United States Grand Prix
- When: Sunday 21 October
- Where: Circuit of the Americas, Austin, Texas
- Race start time: 7.10pm on Sunday (UK time)
- 2017 podium: 1st Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes), 2nd Sebastian Vettel (Ferrari), 3rd Kimi Raikkonen (Ferrari)
The 2018 Formula 1 championship could be wrapped up in Austin this weekend if Lewis Hamilton wins eight points or more than title rival Sebastian Vettel.
Mercedes ace Hamilton, the reigning F1 world champion, is 67 points ahead of Ferrari’s Vettel with four races remaining in the season.
Hamilton is the bookies’ favourite to secure victory on Sunday having won the previous four races at the Circuit of the Americas. Here’s how the British driver can secure his fifth world title.
2018 F1 title permutations
Hamilton will become the 2018 F1 champion on Sunday if he:
- Finishes first and Vettel is third or lower
- Finishes second and Vettel is fifth or lower
- Finishes third and Vettel is seventh or lower
- Finishes fourth and Vettel is eighth or lower
- Finishes fifth and Vettel is ninth or lower
- Finishes sixth and Vettel is 11th or lower
United States GP guide
About the Circuit of the Americas
- First grand prix: 2012
- Number of laps: 56
- Circuit length: 5.513km
- Race distance: 308.405km
- Lap record: 1:37.766 set by Sebastian Vettel in 2017
- Travel guide: see Portfolio
When is US GP practice?
There are three free practice (FP) sessions at the Circuit of the Americas. On Friday 19 October FP1 takes place at 4pm and FP2 is at 8pm. The third practice session is at 7pm on Saturday 20 October (all times UK).
When is qualifying?
US GP qualifying starts at 10pm on Saturday.
What time does the race start?
Lights go out in Austin at 7.10pm on Sunday.
Sky Sports US GP schedule
Friday 19 October
- 3.45pm: practice one build-up
- 4pm: practice one live
- 7.45pm: practice two build-up
- 8pm: practice two live
Saturday 20 October
- 6.45pm: practice three build-up
- 7pm: practice three live
- 9pm: qualifying build-up (simulcast on Sky One and Main Event)
- 10pm: qualifying live (simulcast on Sky One and Main Event)
- 11.45pm: The F1 Show
Sunday 21 October
- 5.30pm: Pit Lane live (simulcast on Sky One)
- 6.30pm: On The Grid live (simulcast on Sky One and Main Event)
- 7.10pm: F1 United States Grand Prix live (simulcast on Sky One and Main Event)
- 9.30pm: Paddock Live
Channel 4 US GP schedule
Friday 19 October - live on More 4
- 3.55pm: practice one
- 7.55pm: practice two
Saturday 20 October - live on Channel 4
- 6.55pm: practice three
- 8.30pm: qualifying
Sunday 21 October - live on Channel 4
- 6pm: race build-up live
- 7.10pm: F1 United States Grand Prix live
- 9.15pm: race reaction
Best prices according to Oddschecker (as of 18 October).
To win the US GP
- Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes): 8/13
- Sebastian Vettel (Ferrari): 10/3
- Valtteri Bottas (Mercedes): 8/1
- Kimi Raikkonen (Ferrari): 16/1
- Max Verstappen (Red Bull): 16/1
- Daniel Ricciardo (Red Bull): 22/1