Haas F1 Team VF-19 livery launch: pictures, fan reactions and best tweets
Black and gold VF-19 will be physically unveiled at pre-season testing
The Rich Energy Haas F1 Team have unveiled the livery for their 2019 Formula 1 season challenger - the VF-19.
Revealed online via the team’s social media channels, the livery for the VF-19 is black and gold, the colours of title sponsors Rich Energy.
Gene Haas, founder of Haas Automation and chairman of Rich Energy Haas F1 Team, said: “This is the time of the season when you hope you’ve got designs right and you can be competitive straight away.
“The new car looks distinctive, not only in terms of its colour scheme, but also with the new regulations in play. Hopefully those design changes brought in for 2019 will improve the racing on-track, and more importantly give us a shot at making more of an impact at each grand prix.”
Team principal Guenther Steiner added: “It’s important that we keep progressing as a team, and this season is no different. Our partnership with Rich Energy is another positive example of moving forward as an organisation.
“We’re pleased to see their colors on the VF-19, we welcome them as they join our valued partner group in utilising Formula One as a global marketing platform.
“While 2018 delivered our best season to-date, the year showed, sometimes sharply, that we still have areas to improve on as a team.
“On-track, our push for performance started early with the VF-19, our next step is to get to Spain and utilise our time there wisely to prepare for Australia.”
Haas have announced that the physical unveiling of the VF-19 will take place on the first morning of pre-season testing. The unveiling will happen at 8am (Spanish time) on Monday 18 February outside of the team garage at the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya.
VF-19 in pictures
Twitter reactions to the VF-19 livery launch
Formula 1 2019 car launch dates
- 7 February: Haas VF-19 livery unveiling
- 11 February: Toro Rosso STR14 (online); Williams FW42 livery unveiling
- 12 February: Renault (Enstone, UK)
- 13 February: Mercedes W10 shakedown (Silverstone, UK)
- 13 February: Racing Point (Toronto, Canada)
- 13 February: Red Bull Racing RB15 (online)
- 14 February: McLaren MCL34 (McLaren Technology Centre)
- 15 February: Ferrari (Maranello, Italy)
- 18 February: Alfa Romeo Racing (Barcelona, Spain); Rich Energy Haas F1 Team VF-19 (Barcelona, Spain)