Arsenal transfer news: Malcom, Samuel Umtiti, Joan Jordan, Adrien Rabiot
Gunners head coach Unai Emery could make double raid on Barcelona
Malcom’s £60m price tag
Barcelona are ready to sell Malcom but Arsenal have “been warned” that they must pay £60m for the Brazilian “flop”.
It’s certainly true that since arriving from Bordeaux last summer, in a deal worth £35m, Malcom has failed to make much of a mark at the Camp Nou.
As a result, Spanish newspaper Marca says that Barca are ready to move him on in the summer. But he won’t come cheap with the Spanish giants asking £60m for the 22-year-old, money that will be put towards the £100m needed to land Atletico Madrid forward Antoine Griezmann.
The Sun says Arsenal boss Unai Emery is “interested” in Malcom and tried to sign him on loan in January.
Instead he opted for Denis Suarez but that hasn’t worked out. This has prompted the renewed interest in Malcom although the Gunners will try to haggle Barcelona down to around £40m.
Gunners also keen on Umtiti
The Daily Mirror also has some news from Barcelona for Arsenal fans but this time it concerns Samuel Umtiti.
Apparently the Gunners are “keen” to sign the French defender as they look to bolster their backline next season and Italian outlet La Gazzetta dello Sport claims that they have made contact with Barcelona over a possible deal.
Arsenal director of football Raul Sanllehi “has opened talks with Barca director of football Eric Abidal” and the Gunners are quietly confident terms will be agreed.
That’s because the Spanish club need to trim their wage bill, not just to accommodate Griezmann but also Dutch defender Matthijs de Ligt, who is expected to arrive from Ajax.
Making eyes at Jordan
Still in Spain, but not at Barcelona, Football.London says that Unai Emery is “keeping tabs” on Eibar midfielder Joan Jordan.
The 24-year-old has been in sparkling form this season for the lowly La Liga club, and Emery believes he can be the man to fill the void left by Aaron Ramsey next season. Welshman Ramsey will join Juventus this summer.
Best of all for the Gunners, reports Marca, Jordan has a modest release clause of £12m. With his contract expiring in 15 months Eibar are ready to cut a deal to avoid losing Jordan on a free next year.
Finally, there’s a welcome return for an old favourite of Transfer Talk courtesy of the Daily Mirror.
The paper says that Paris Saint-Germain midfielder Adrien Rabiot is now expected to join Zinedine Zidane at Real Madrid in the summer.
He has been linked to Arsenal and Liverpool in the past but the Mirror, quoting Spanish paper AS, tips him to sign for Real in a matter of weeks.
Upcoming Premier League fixtures and TV guide
Saturday 30 March (3pm unless stated)
- Fulham vs. Manchester City (12.30pm, live on Sky Sports)
- Brighton & Hove Albion vs. Southampton
- Burnley vs. Wolverhampton Wanderers
- Crystal Palace vs. Huddersfield Town
- Leicester City vs. AFC Bournemouth
- Manchester United vs. Watford
- West Ham United vs. Everton (5.30pm, live on BT Sport)
Sunday 31 March
- Cardiff City vs. Chelsea (2.05pm, live on Sky Sports)
- Liverpool vs. Tottenham Hotspur (4.30pm, live on Sky Sports)
Monday 1 April
- Arsenal vs. Newcastle United (8pm, live on Sky Sports)
Tuesday 2 April
- Watford vs. Fulham (7.45pm)
- Wolverhampton Wanderers vs. Manchester United (7.45pm, live on Sky Sports)
Wednesday 3 April
- Chelsea vs. Brighton & Hove Albion (7.45pm)
- Manchester City vs. Cardiff City (7.45pm, live on Sky Sports)
- Tottenham Hotspur vs. Crystal Palace (7.45pm)