Premier League transfer news: Lukaku, Dybala, Pepe, Malcom, Maguire, Dembele
Romelu Lukaku looks set to leave Man Utd - but will he end up at Inter or Juventus?
Premier League transfer gossip and rumours
Lukaku on the brink
The media are agreed that Romelu Lukaku’s spell as a Manchester United player is coming to an end after the Belgian striker was omitted from the squad for tonight’s friendly against Kristiansund in Norway.
Rather than take the plane with his team-mates, Lukaku left the training ground and Sky Sports says that Inter Milan are increasingly confident that a deal will soon be agreed.
It was reported at the weekend that United had knocked back Inter’s initial offer but the two parties are still very much in negotiations.
“We made an important bid for Lukaku [£54m] but Man Utd ask so much for Romelu,” explained Inter director Beppe Marotta. “We didn’t find an agreement but we’re still working for Lukaku.
“I don’t know what will happen, football is so strange. We have made a fair and important offer respecting the value of the player.”
Dybala or Malcom for Spurs?
The uncertainty surrounding Lukaku’s future is having a knock-on effect at Tottenham Hotspur, reports talkSPORT, and that’s because the north London outfit are not sure where they stand with Paulo Dybala.
They had been close to capturing the Argentine striker but apparently he “could be included as part of a deal” that sees him head to Manchester United while Lukaku moves to Juventus.
As a result, Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino is now showing an interest in signing Barcelona’s Malcom.
ESPN reports that Juventus vice-president Pavel Nedved has confirmed Dybala is a target for a number of clubs. The Italian champions appear to have opened the door for Dybala to leave.
Pepe done and dusted
Arsenal are expected to complete the signing of Nicolas Pepe today, claims the Daily Express, which states that the 24-year-old Lille winger will fly into London for his medical before penning “a five-year deal worth £138,000 a week”.
Those wages are considerably lower than what Wilfried Zaha was demanding, alleges the Express, hence the reason the Gunners gave up the pursuit of the Crystal Palace star.
It’s reported that Arsenal will give Lille £20m on signature of the deal, with the outstanding sum of £52m being paid in four annual instalments.
Everton deny second Zaha bid
Everton have denied they have made a second bid for Crystal Palace forward Wilfried Zaha. After their initial bid was rejected by Palace it was reported that Everton returned with a new offer of £55m plus midfielder James McCarthy and forward Cenk Tosun. However, the Toffees said: “A bid was made over the weekend, which was turned down. Both clubs agreed that was the end of the matter.” (BBC)
New bid for Tierney?
Arsenal boss Unai Emery isn’t finished dabbling in the transfer market, particularly after his side’s defensive frailties were once more exposed, this time in Sunday’s defeat to Lyon in the Emirates Cup. As a result, a third improved offer will be made to Celtic this week for defender Kieran Tierney. (Daily Express)
Maguire misses training
England defender Harry Maguire did not take part in Leicester City training yesterday and it’s believed that the Foxes are ready to allow their star asset to join Manchester United. United power-broker Ed Woodward “remains in talks with Leicester” and talk of an illness as the reason Maguire was a no-show at training is a smokescreen while terms of the deal are thrashed out. (Metro)
Dembele also on United’s shopping list
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s late summer shopping spree might also include Moussa Dembele. United are going “hell for leather” in their bid to sign the Lyon striker - but presumably only if the deal for Juve’s Paulo Dybala falls through. Dembele scored the goals that helped his side down Arsenal in Sunday’s Emirates Cup tie, and apparently Solskjaer is “desperate to sign him”. (talkSPORT)
Monaco after Mustafi
According to reports in France Monaco have enquired with Arsenal about the availability of German defender Shkodran Mustafi. (Daily Mirror)
Barca eye Darmian
Barcelona could make a move for Manchester United’s Italian defender Matteo Darmian. The Spanish champions are considering Darmian as a low-cost alternative to first-choice left-back targets Junior Firpo, Philipp Max and David Alaba. (ESPN)
Lazio star could leave
Sergej Milinkovic-Savic will be allowed to leave Lazio if the Italian club receive the right offer. The Serbian midfielder has been linked with Manchester United. (Daily Mail)
PSG secure Gueye
French champions Paris Saint-Germain have signed midfielder Idrissa Gueye from Everton. It’s reported that the fee was £29m. (Sky Sports)