Transfer deadline day times and dates: EFL, Scotland, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, Ligue 1
Italy’s summer transfer window closes next on Friday 23 August
The Premier League and English Football League (EFL) Championship summer transfer window has closed with the deadline passing at 5pm on 8 August.
Harry Maguire’s £80m fee taking him from Leicester City to Manchester United was the highest amount spent by a Premier League club.
Eden Hazard’s move from Chelsea to Real Madrid (£88.5m plus add-ons) was the most expensive sale.
The Guardian reports that as of 8 August Premier League clubs completed 419 deals worth £1.79bn. Clubs in the top five European leagues have completed 1,387 deals worth £4.68bn.
Even though Premier League clubs can no longer sign players, they can sell to clubs in leagues where the transfer window remains open.
EFL League One, EFL League Two and Scottish league clubs now have until Monday 2 September to finish their wheeling and dealing.
Summer 2019 transfer window
Transfer deadline day: dates and times
- Premier League: closed
- EFL Championship: closed
- EFL Leagues One and Two: 5pm on Monday 2 September
- Scotland: Monday 2 September (midnight on 3 September)
- Germany Bundesliga: 5pm on Monday 2 September
- France Ligue 1: Monday 2 September
- Italy Serie A: Monday 2 September
- Spain La Liga: Monday 2 September
- Portugal Primeira Liga: Sunday 22 September