Flop Falcao 'bound for Real Madrid'
The mis-firing forward is unlikely to stay at Man Utd beyond the end of the season if today's reports prove correct
Might Manchester United part company with loan Radamel Falcao in the summer? And are Arsenal in danger of losing out in the race for Paulo Dybala? Just two questions tackled in today's Transfer Talk.
• Will it be farewell Radamel Falcao at the end of the season? That's what the Daily Mail claims, as it reports that "Real Madrid are considering whether to bid" for the Colombian striker at the end of the season. The 29-year-old was loaned to Manchester United by Monaco last summer but, after what the Mail describes as his "disappointing" spell at Old Trafford, his future remains shrouded in uncertainty. United have the option of buying Falcao for ￡43m but with just four goals in 14 starts that seems unlikely. "It's up to Manchester United to take a decision but I'm not worried for him because we have interest from other big clubs," declared Monaco vice president Vadim Vasilyev. The Mail says that one of those clubs is Real Madrid with Falcao's agent, Jorge Mendes, enjoying a "good relationship" with the Spanish giants.
• As for who United may look to as Falcao's replacement, the Express says Bayern Munich striker Robert Lewandowski is being eyed up by Red Devils boss Louis van Gaal. Since arriving at Munich from Borussia Dortmund last summer, Lewandowski has failed to fire and it's believed he "should he be available for around the ￡30million mark".
• Manchester City are reportedly "closing in" on Kevin de Bruyne but the Daily Star claims a major stumbling block to any deal is Wolfsburg's eye-watering ￡40m evaluation. Described by the Star as a Chelsea reject" on account of his short-lived spell at Chelsea two years ago, the 23-year-old Belgian left the Bridge for the Bundesliga club at the start of last year, complaining that he had not been given first-team opportunities by boss Jose Mourinho. But de Bruyne has impressed for Wolfsburg and the Star says that as a result City have had him scouted and are poised to table an end of season bid, which could involve a lot of cash as well as striker Edin Dzeko thrown into the bargain.
• The Mirror claims that Liverpool "are one of three teams pondering over a move" for Chelsea goalkeeper Petr Cech. Arsenal were linked with the Chelsea gloveman last month but the Mirror says the Reds have identified Cech as the man to replace the gaffe-prone Simon Mignolet between the sticks at Anfield. Cech has ceded the keeper's jersey to Thibault Courtois this season and is open to suggestions at the end of the season, although the Mirror says that Italian clubs Napoli and Roma are also interested in the 32-year-old.
• Are Arsenal falling behind in the race to sign Paulo Dybala? Click here for more Arsenal transfer news and rumours.