Liverpool 'set to lose' Benzema as PSG swoop
Real Madrid striker Karim Benzema may be Paris-bound after Liverpool and Arsenal are outbid
More bad news for Liverpool with the news that PSG are pursuing Karim Benzema while the gossip concerning Man Utd this Tuesday involves a raid on Lazio.
Still stunned by Steven Gerrard's 38-second dismissal against Manchester United on Sunday, Liverpool have apparently been "rocked" again, with the Daily Star using the word to describe their reaction to the news that Paris Saint-Germain have entered the race to sign Real Madrid striker Karim Benzema. The paper says a bid of £40m is expected to be tabled for Benzema, who's scored 20 goals in 41 games in all competitions this season, and Real will in all probability accept the offer to the dismay of Liverpool and Arsenal, who were also keen to sign the striker.
Germany's all-time leading goalscorer is remaining coy on his future, according to Talksport. Miroslav Klose has been linked to both Tottenham and Aston Villa in recent weeks, but in an interview with German magazine Kicker he says for the time being he's happy helping out Lazio in Serie A. Klose has the option of another year with the Rome outfit but the 36-year-old hinted that he may look to close out his illustrious career elsewhere. "I'll make a spontaneous decision at the end of the season," said Klose. "I haven't decided yet. I'll have to think about several things, whether and where to continue playing for example."
Still with Lazio and the Daily Express claims that Manchester United "have stepped up their interest" in their midfielder Felipe Anderson. Apparently the Old Trafford club sent chief scout Jim Lawlor to watch the Brazilian in action at the weekend, and he returned with favourable reports after watching Anderson score in Lazio's 2-0 defeat of Hellas Verona. The 21-year-old signed a new deal with the Serie A club only last week but it's believed a bid "in the region of £30m" should be enough to prise him from the Eternal City.