Man Utd transfer news: Paul Pogba, David Brooks, Kalidou Koulibaly
Juventus want to pair Pogba with Aaron Ramsey in their midfield
Pogba and Ramsey to Juve?
Juventus are reportedly planning a move to bring Paul Pogba back to Turin to form what they hope will be a Champions League-winning partnership with Aaron Ramsey.
Arsenal midfielder Ramsey has already signed a pre-contract deal with Juve, and The Sun says the Italian champions now have their eyes on Pogba.
The French midfielder has been in excellent form at Old Trafford since Ole Gunnar Solskjaer replaced Jose Mourinho, but Juventus “are plotting a huge swoop this summer”, according to the newspaper.
The club is believed to be prepared to bid around £100m to get their man, with coach Max Allegri demanding that his board open the purse strings.
Spurs tussle for Brooks
United and Tottenham are ready to do battle this summer for Bournemouth midfielder David Brooks, reports the Daily Mirror.
The Red Devils were linked with the 21-year-old playmaker last month, but the Cherries let it be known that they would not consider a sale in the middle of the season. But the newspaper says the south coast club may be ready to talk business for the Wales international in June.
Spurs manager Mauricio Pochettino has been tailing the former Sheffield United star for a while and is “preparing a £50m summer bid”, The Mirror claims. But United reportedly believe Brooks is a world-class star in the making and are ready to rival any offer from Tottenham.
Koulibaly still on the cards
Meanwhile, the Daily Star says United are “determined” to sign Napoli defender Kalidou Koulibaly.
There were rumours that United caretaker Solskjaer tried to lure the Senegal centre-back to Old Trafford in the January window with a £95m bid, but Napoli refused to listen to any mid-season offers. However, it may be a different story in the summer, with the paper suggesting that “a bid in excess of £100m” would weaken Napoli’s resolve to hang on to the 27-year-old.
United’s hopes may have been boosted by news that the player’s agent, Bruno Satin, has ruled out a move to Paris Saint-Germain. Speaking to French TV, Satin said: “PSG already have plenty of central defenders. If Koulibaly leaves [Napoli], he will not come to PSG.”
Premier League results, fixtures and TV guide
- Tottenham Hotspur 1 Newcastle United 0
- Brighton and Hove Albion 0 Watford 0
- Burnley 1 Southampton 1
- Chelsea 5 Huddersfield Town 0
- Crystal Palace 2 Fulham 0
- Everton 1 Wolverhampton Wanderers 3
- Cardiff City 2 AFC Bournemouth 0
- Leicester City 0 Manchester United 1
- Manchester City 3 Arsenal 1
- West Ham United vs. Liverpool (8pm, live on Sky Sports)
Wednesday 6 February
- Everton vs. Manchester City (7.45pm)
Saturday 9 February (3pm unless stated)
- Fulham vs. Manchester United (12.30pm, live on Sky Sports)
- Crystal Palace vs. West Ham United
- Huddersfield Town vs. Arsenal
- Liverpool vs. AFC Bournemouth
- Southampton vs. Cardiff City
- Watford vs. Everton
- Brighton and Hove Albion vs. Burnley (5.30pm, live on BT Sport)
Sunday 10 February
- Tottenham Hotspur vs. Leicester City (1.30pm, live on Sky Sports)
- Manchester City vs. Chelsea (4pm, live on Sky Sports)
Monday 11th February
- Wolverhampton Wanderers vs. Newcastle United (8pm, live on Sky Sports)