Arsenal transfer news: Piotr Zielinski, Said Benrahma, Emiliano Martinez
Unai Emery eyeing up Napoli star Zielinski for summer offer
Arsenal are taking more than a passing interest in Napoli and Poland midfield star Piotr Zielinski, according to reports.
Citing Italian media, the Daily Express says that Gunners gaffer Unai Emery is a fan of Zielinski and “could make an offer this summer”.
The 24-year-old player has also been in Liverpool’s sights, with the Express claiming that Jurgen Klopp “wanted to sign the Poland international in January”.
But after the Reds failed to activate the £60m release clause in Zielinski’s Napoli contract, Italian sources are saying that Arsenal is his most likely destination next season.
Benrahma being watched
Arsenal and Chelsea are both “keeping tabs” on Brentford forward Said Benrahma, reports talkSPORT.
The 23-year-old Algeria international has scored seven goals and provided 12 assists this season for the Championship outfit, and that red-hot form has come to the attention of their London rivals.
No official approach has been made yet for Benrahma but a bidding war is expected in June, with at least one French club also said to be keen to sign the wideman, according to the news site.
Martinez an option
The Sun says that the Gunners are considering Emiliano Martinez as a “cut-price No. 2 next season”.
With funds tight at the Emirates, Emery is weighing up whether to bring back the Argentine gloveman from his loan spell at Reading, to replace the retiring Petr Cech.
It had been expected that Arsenal would splash the cash in the summer in the search for an understudy to Bernd Leno, but as the newspaper notes, promoting 26-year-old Martinez “will allow them to spend their budget elsewhere”.
Premier League results
Tuesday 26 February
- Cardiff City 0 Everton 3
- Huddersfield Town 1 Wolverhampton Wanderers 0
- Leicester City 2 Brighton and Hove Albion 1
- Newcastle United 2 Burnley 0
Wednesday 27 February
- Arsenal 5 AFC Bournemouth 1
- Southampton 2 Fulham 0
- Chelsea 2 Tottenham Hotspur 0
- Crystal Palace 1 Manchester United 3
- Liverpool 5 Watford 0
- Manchester City 1 West Ham United 0
Premier League fixtures
Saturday 2 March (3pm unless stated)
- Tottenham Hotspur vs. Arsenal (12.30pm, live on BT Sport)
- AFC Bournemouth vs. Manchester City
- Brighton and Hove Albion vs. Huddersfield Town
- Burnley vs. Crystal Palace
- Manchester United vs. Southampton
- Wolverhampton Wanderers vs. Cardiff City
- West Ham United vs. Newcastle United (5.30pm, live on Sky Sports)
Sunday 3 March
- Watford vs. Leicester City (12pm, live on Sky Sports)
- Fulham vs. Chelsea (2.05pm, live on Sky Sports)
- Everton vs. Liverpool (4.15pm, live on Sky Sports)