Sport in February 2019: major events and TV guide
Wembley will host the Carabao Cup final between Man City and Chelsea
Sports fans are in for a treat in February with football, Six Nations rugby and the return of Formula 1 all on the agenda.
Despite a packed Christmas and January fixture list there’s no let-up in Premier League football as the title race and relegation battle goes up another notch.
Uefa Champions League football also returns this month with the first legs of the last-16 encounters. And in England there’s a domestic trophy to be won on Sunday 24 February when Chelsea face Manchester City at Wembley Stadium in the final of the Carabao Cup.
International rugby union fans will settle in for the Six Nations championship with three rounds of matches being played in February.
Although the first race of the 2019 season does not take place until 17 March, F1 teams will unveil their new cars this month ahead of pre-season testing in Barcelona.
Here we look at the major sporting events on the February 2019 calendar.
February 2019 sporting events
West Indies vs. England one-day warm-up match
- Sunday 17 February: Vice Chancellor’s XI vs. England (Three Ws Oval, Barbados)
- See the full guide
Formula 1 2019 car launch dates and times
- 7 February: Haas VF-19 livery unveiling
- 11 February: Toro Rosso STR14
- 11 February: Williams FW42 livery unveiling
- 12 February: Renault R.S.19
- 13 February: Mercedes W10
- 13 February: Red Bull Racing RB15
- 13 February: Racing Point
- 14 February: McLaren MCL34
- 15 February: Ferrari SF90
- 18 February, 7.20am (GMT): Alfa Romeo Racing C39 (Barcelona, Spain)
- See the full F1 car launch guide here
Formula 1 first pre-season test
- 18-21 February: Circuit de Catalunya, Barcelona
- Live on Sky Sports (1pm-6pm daily)
Uefa Champions League last-16 first legs
- When: 19-20 February
- TV channel: all matches live on BT Sport
West Indies vs. England ODI matches
- Wednesday 20 February: 1st ODI at Kensington Oval, Barbados (3pm)
- Friday 22 February: 2nd ODI at Kensington Oval, Barbados (3pm)
- Monday 25 February: 3rd ODI at National Cricket Stadium, Grenada (1.30pm)
- Wednesday 27 February: 4th ODI at National Cricket Stadium, Grenada (1.30pm)
- All matches live on Sky Sports
- See the full guide
Six Nations rugby round three
- Saturday 23 February: France vs. Scotland (2.15pm, live on BBC); Wales vs. England (4.45pm, live on BBC)
- Sunday 24 February: Italy vs. Ireland (3pm, live on ITV)
Carabao Cup final
- Who: Chelsea vs. Manchester City
- When: Sunday 24 February
- Where: Wembley Stadium, London
- Kick-off time: 4.30pm
- TV channel: live on Sky Sports
Formula 1 second pre-season test
- 26 February-1 March: Circuit de Catalunya, Barcelona
- Live on Sky Sports