The Ashes 2019: England vs. Australia 5th Test teams, squads, series results
England drop Jason Roy and Craig Overton for the final Test at The Oval
2019 Ashes 5th Test: England vs. Australia
- When: 12-16 September
- Where: The Oval, London
- Daily start time: 11am
- TV coverage: live on Sky Sports
- Australia lead 2-1 in the series and retain the Ashes
England have made two changes to their team for the fifth Ashes Test against Australia starting on Thursday at The Oval in London.
Jason Roy and Craig Overton are dropped from the XI with Sam Curran and Chris Woakes coming into the side.
Ben Stokes will play as a specialist batsman and won’t bowl due to a shoulder injury.
Australia are 2-1 up in the Ashes series and retained the urn after winning the fourth Test at Old Trafford.
England team for the 5th Ashes Test
- Joe Root (captain), Jofra Archer, Jonny Bairstow (wicketkeeper), Stuart Broad, Rory Burns, Jos Buttler, Sam Curran, Joe Denly, Jack Leach, Ben Stokes, Chris Woakes
Australia full squad for the 2019 Ashes series
- Tim Paine (captain), Cameron Bancroft, Patrick Cummins, Marcus Harris, Josh Hazlewood, Travis Head, Usman Khawaja, Marnus Labuschagne, Nathan Lyon, Mitchell Marsh, Michael Neser, James Pattinson, Peter Siddle, Steve Smith, Mitchell Starc, Matthew Wade, David Warner
Fixtures and results
- 1st Test, Edgbaston: Australia won by 251 runs
- 2nd Test, Lord’s: Match drawn
- 3rd Test, Headingley: England won by one wicket
- 4th Test, Old Trafford: Australia won by 185 runs
- 12-16 September: 5th Test (The Oval, London)
- All matches will begin daily at 11am (BST)
TV and radio coverage
BBC Sport will provide ball-by-ball Test Match Special commentary on BBC Radio 5 Live Sports Extra and the BBC Sport website.